As video production gets more affordable and broadband connections become the norm, embedding video on your website becomes a viable option.
Video has impact – and with all your competitors only just a click away – can be an ideal way to retain attention and ensure that your website gets over your message.
Web video applications
- Product demonstrations – Dyson commercials have been very successful
- Talking heads – sales pitches in the Cillit Bang approach
- Walk-throughs and virtual tours – popular with estate agents and property developers
- Infommercials – you know, the hard sell DVDs they have in department stores
- Web adverts – or webverts, as some people are calling them
The historical problem has been the expense, videos take a tremendous amount of bandwidth and hard disc space on the server.
Although these companies offer free hosting, there are some compromises that have to be paid for: poor quality video resolution and sound, the fact that it is open to the public, and that the video branded and has a link that takes customers away from your website.
With Paid Video Hosting you have improved audio and visual quality, the choice of screen size, resolution, opening frame and other customization.
Dedicated video hosting at Northstar starts from as little as £10 per month. Check out our video production page for further information.